Institutional: Customized Storage System Fabrication
The project highlighted here is a Customized Storage Systems for presentation and preservation of natural specimens - designed to create a symbiotic environment to function concurrently as a museum and a research center.
This high profile, extremely challenging project, was executed flawlessly from start to finish. The entire project was on time and on budget, to the delight of the University, GC, end-users (researchers and students) and all contributing parties.
The scope of work included the design, manufacturing and installation of 1,248 cabinets of 6 types and 7 sizes. The nine-months-long effort of our engineering, manufacturing and project management groups, in collaboration with four other contributing organizations, materialized into 71,639 shippable items, transferred to site on 32 trailer loads of product.
To learn more about this project, or the processes used to complete it, see the table below or contact us directly.
Customized Storage System Case Study Details
- Product Description
- Variety of multifunctional Collections Storage Cabinets
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Primary: Design, Fabrication, Assembling, Installation
Secondary: Logistics, Project Management
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- CAD, NC Punching, Laser cutting, Forming, Welding, Powder Painting, Assembling
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Cabinets varying in size from 20”x24”x30” to 60”x48”x96”
- Material Used
- Steel, Glass, Specialized Gaskets & Sealant
- Material finish
- Powder painted – white interior, black exterior
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Functional testing, air-tight enclosures
- Industry for Use
- Museum – Collections Storage Solutions
- Customer / Project Location
- University of British Columbia - Vancouver
- Standards Met
- 71, 639 shippable components