Architectural: Custom Ceiling System Fabrication & Installation
We were entrusted to design and manufacture the largest ceiling system contracted nationwide (500,000 Sq Ft), and are proud of our contribution to the construction of most spectacular Canadian Airport – Terminal 1 of the Toronto Pearson International.
Over the course of 18 months, our engineering group designed and manufacturing resources produced close to 70,000 panels and other fabricated components. The project planning and execution required thousands of hours of Project Management and coordination of internal activities with site conditions and logistical constraints, in correlation with other five organizations contributing know-how and resources.
Manufactured from painted aluminum or mirror-finish stainless steel, the multitude of ceiling and fascia panels were designed to follow a challenging building geometry throughout multiple areas and levels, providing at the same time various functional, acoustical and aesthetic properties.
To learn more about this project, or the processes used to complete it, see the table below or contact us directly.
Custom Ceiling System Fabrication & Installation Case Study Details
- Product Description
- Ceiling System – Acoustical panels & Suspension grid
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Primary: Engineering, Fabrication, Painting, Assembling
Secondary: Project Management, Logistics
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- CNC Punching, Forming, Painting, Assembly
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 24” x 120”
- Material Used
- Aluminum, Stainless Steel
- Material Finish
- Powder Paint – white, Mirror finish SS
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Flatness, Paint adhesion
- Industry for Use
- Customer / Project Name & Location
- GTAA - Toronto
- Standards Met